8 Goals for 2018

January 02, 2018

I'm not usually one for 'New Years Resolutions' but I do like to set myself goals to work towards as I feel like it keeps me on track and gives me something to look forward to!

So here goes... In no particular order.

1. Spend more time/Do more with Family & Friends

My family is everything to me and my friends also mean a lot to me and this coming year I want to make more of an effort to spend time with them. Even if its just a quick coffee or a meal out for tea I want to break free from my little bubble and try and incorperate my family and friends into the things I do and the places I go.

Which leads me nicely into my second goal..

2. Visit more places

Whilst I haven't got an unlimited money supply or an endless amount of holidays I can take from work, I do want to go places I've never been before. Whether that be local(ish) or maybe a day trip out of the North East area, I want to explore new places and new things. It doesn't have to cost the earth either. I just want to pack a picnic and jump in car and see where it takes us.

You can't have all play without some hard work so that's where my next few goals come in..

3. Finish College with my best possible results

If you haven't been watching my College Chats videos (see here), I am currently in college doing an adults course for Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma. Whilst its great fun and the girls on my course are just so lovely, it is a lot of work (10.5 hour days). So I want to complete the course with the best possible results, I'm aiming to complete every assessment to grade Merit (B) or Distinction (A).

4. Practise Beauty Therapy

As I progress with Beauty Therapy, I'm qualifying in different aspects all the time and can technically start working on paying clients. I was going to wait until I had finished the course but I want to try working on family and friends first to build up my confidence and my portfolio. I made a Facebook page, Instagram feed and Twitter account that I will be dedicated to my beauty work. If you'd like to support me and follow me work:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

5. Make more content for YouTube

I have had a YouTube channel for 1 year now but I only post about 3 times a month so its not consistent and I don't plan what I'm going to film I just wing it to be honest. My goal is for YouTube is to have a platform that reflects my life, my interests and somewhere I can share new products, places or services that I've discovered and love. I also want to make online friends that share similar interests so I'm hoping if I upload to consistently people will get to know me more and hopefully like me?

6. Start Blogging

By writing this here I now feel like I can't back out of this one! I wanted to blog originally before I started YouTube but filming and editing for YouTube took up so much of my time at first, figuring out how everything works and getting the right equipment for it, that I kind of forgot all about my blog. I want to write blog posts along side my YouTube videos. Not sure what about yet, so you may have to help me along with ideas of content you'd like to read?
Again, I'm hoping to connect with other bloggers who have mutual interests.


7. Gym

I feel like everyone says this in the New Year but I have to squeeze into a wedding dress in 5 months and I want to feel as confident as possible in it as its such a special day and the photographs from the day will be looked back on forever. No pressure.


8. Stay Positive

This may sound stupid but if you lived my life and faced the obstacles I've faced, you'd understand why sometimes I get so down and stressed that I wonder how to see any positives from a situation. Life is tough, life is cruel, that is a fact. No matter how perfect you think someones life is, truth is, it isn't. I work so hard and do as much as I can to be a good person but things out of my control happen and not being in control is one of the things that screws me up. I think, I'm a good person who does good things everyday, so why does all this bad stuff keep happening to me!? Its enough to drive anyone mad but I keep having to remind myself of all the good in my life. That getting upset and shutting down isn't helping myself or my family.

I've decided that 2018 must be my year! No doubt things will go wrong, but I'm not going to let it destroy me. I'm going to focus more on myself and family and build on my dreams no matter what.


Thank you so much if you got to the end, you deserve a big bar of chocolate and a nice beverage! I hope you stick around to support me. It would mean more to me then you'll ever know. 


Happy New Year! 
Love, L-B x







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram